Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Breast feeding

Everyone will be glad to know that I'm now fully informed as to how to breastfeed baby, including various holds, how to have the baby latch properly, and how to ensure the precious hind-milk is provided. Well, at least I've read about it. I'm sure reality will be equally interesting.

In a life in pursuit of knowledge I must admit I never thought I'd learn this.

The book also said that to encourage my bond with baby that I should provide supplemental (bottle) feedings while bare chested with baby in a breastfeeding position. Hmmmm. Seems a bit -- well, let's just say it -- strange.

As we enter the second trimester things are starting to calm down. Tam is less sick, and more able to function normally. She's back to her old self in many ways. We're hoping it stays like that for a bit. Her sleeping is affected quite a bit though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home