Thursday, September 21, 2006

Approaching halfway

As we approach week 18 I have many thoughts. Hope and fear, happiness and worry. Mostly fear and worry over our hopes and happiness. I'm told by my mom that the worry never stops.

Will my child be smart, successful, happy? Do I have what it takes to be a good parent? Will I be?

I find myself over the past few days trying to recall distant memories of my childhood. Particularly songs and nursery rhymes and such. I find I can recall precious few. I remember that twinkle star thing... but I no longer wonder what they are. Who was Jack Horner, and why should I care that he sat in a corner? Why would someone keep peas pudding around for 9 days?

I also find it so strange that my childhood seemed so long, and so full of memories and education (formal and informal) and experiences... and it really only lasted a very few years. How do we pack all the things we need, and the information and learning into such a short period of time?

Exactly how does a diaper genie work anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home