Monday, February 26, 2007

Parenthood

As you would expect, my mind has been on parenting for the past while. It's an odd feeling. I've always liked kids, but never really truly expected to have one. I find my thoughts returning to when I was a child (a very curious child I might add), and thinking about all the things I learned, and all of the questions I had.

I remember particularly my father and mother teaching me about the colour of the sky, the moon, stars and planets, about geography, mountians, oceans, rivers. What's below the dirt on the ground anyway? What's below the ocean, and above the sky? Why can't you make your own money from paper, and why does it not grow on trees? About law and society. About different people and places. Why can't you send my Chili to the starving children in Africa, I'm sure they would appreciate it alot more than me. About professions. About responsibility.

So much to learn, and so little time really.

My father and mother were 10 years younger than I am now. I don't feel 10 years wiser for my age though. I hope my son will not be able to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home